The Special Assistant to the CEO is an extension of the CEO and is charged with making the CEO an efficient and more effective leader by creating capacity for her to focus on the most important work. For the right individual, this unique role will serve as an unparalleled opportunity to learn firsthand what it takes to lead and manage a fast-paced, big-thinking, mission-driven organization and to learn from, listen to, and support team members and clients across the country. An individual in this role will be exposed to a wide range of responsibilities and must have the ability to prioritize effectively, act quickly, maintain confidentiality and loyalty, and bring others along. They must also be excited to work closely with the CEO and participate alongside her in meetings, strategy development sessions, and conference presentations.
Maximize CEO’s time and ensure alignment with the organization’s priorities
- Serve as right hand to the CEO to execute and support strategic priorities and work across teams to drive results across the company.
- Assist in streamlining the CEO’s workflow and priorities by managing her schedule, prioritizing appointments, arranging meetings/conference calls, and anticipating next steps.
- Assist in developing materials for client and team-based meetings.
- Work closely with the COO to ensure the CEO is set up to make decisions quickly.
Preparation and logistics for key meetings/events both internal and external
- Prepare for and follow up on internal and external meetings. When needed, participate directly in meetings and follow up with the relevant parties.
- Assist the CEO and members of the leadership team with information-gathering, communication with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, and keeping track of responsibilities.
Internal and external communication with high stakes constituents
- Write first drafts for the CEO or others as needed, including summarizing memos and concise lists.
- Write and edit emails and other written materials on behalf of the CEO.
- Conduct research, draft or revise PowerPoint Presentations, and draft speeches and talking points for external and internal presentations and speaking engagements.
- Manage special projects assigned by the CEO.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the leadership team.
- Anticipate needs from the team and identify opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office flow.
- Bachelor s degree preferred
- 1-5 years of professional experience, specific assistant work preferred
- Must have proficiency using Microsoft Office/Google Docs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Maturity of judgment, high level of accuracy, and close attention to detail when managing various data-driven projects
- Strong sense of confidentiality in order to handle sensitive information appropriately
- Organized and deadline oriented with a proven track record at delivering results preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in and aptitude for handling a wide variety of responsibilities, at varying levels of complexity, in a very hands-on manner, with consistent high quality of output.
- Ability to craft verbal and written communication to multiple stakeholders with a keen sense of relationship-building and customer service.
- Strong organization and project management skills – ability to see the big picture and to manage the small details, and to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when appropriate.
- Ability to work in a startup environment (range of tasks, ambiguity, flexibility) while still exercising and implementing standard professional processes and systems.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to high standards of excellence
EMI Advisors LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the CEO.