EMI Advisors, LLC is a technology and innovation consulting firm that provides advisory services across the health, human services, and information technology sectors. Our team specializes in assisting our public and private clients bridge the gap between health and human services policies, technology innovation, and business requirements.
The Health IT Project Manager (HIPM) role requires a project generalist who can adapt to a variety of roles in multiple projects. Our advisory services include both public sector and commercial clients. The HIPM will work closely with other project managers (PMs), subject matter experts (SMEs), and senior staff to meet and exceed project requirements. This role is for a dynamic leader who can take ownership of responsibilities and follow through on commitments.
The HIPM candidate should demonstrate an interest in health IT, health care / public policy, project management, business communications, performance management, and/or public and private partnership development.
Working with SMEs and senior leadership, the HIPM will be responsible for managing and coordinating the following:
● Project initiation, coordination, scheduling, planning, controlling, and closing
● Drive project execution throughout project lifecycle according to project goals and EMI Advisor business requirements
● Continuously develop and maintain a keen knowledge of the health IT industry, particularly related to projects assigned
● Serve as an internal advocate for assigned projects while understanding how those projects fit into the EMI Advisors portfolio of programs and projects
● Participate in designing and implementing project and program enhancements to improve project effectiveness and achieve the long term project goals
● Engage appropriate stakeholders in risk identification, documentation, and mitigation
● Knowledge management; documentation development, and maintenance
● Project data analysis and visualization
● Exemplary communications: projects, internal, and client-facing
● Train and mentor junior project staff
● Meetings notetaking and distribution
● Videoconference scheduling and setup
Bachelor’s degree. Preference for candidates with the following majors: public health, project management, strategic communications, information management
At least 1-2 years of career experience as a health IT project manager or comparable experience.
Must be a U.S citizen, fluent in English.
Master’s degree in Public Health or Project Management
508 compliance experience
Six Sigma certification
The applicant should show proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook or a similar e-mail program. While our staff utilizes both Mac and PC, most of our deliverables are through Office.
The HIPM should have the ability to adapt and respond to changes within the EMI Advisors portfolio of programs and projects and in the health IT sector. We need a project manager with skills in leadership, negotiation, scheduling, communication, critical thinking, task management, and quality management.
We are looking for excellent consultative, customer focus and service skills, and the ability to perform well under stress.
The perfect candidate for the HIPM role will be a passionate self-starter who seeks a high-paced, challenging project management role with continuous learning opportunities.
This position includes remote work, and thus the candidate should have a quiet and stable environment from which he or she can make and receive calls and other communications. There will be in-person meetings in the DC metro area; local candidates are preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org